19 September 2008

The Flickering FireFly Award

Have you ever wondered why my name is FireFly or HisFireFly? As we were getting to know each other (very quickly, may I add, but that is another story, for another time) my beloved Rick began to call me FireFly. When I asked him why, he said that God gave him that name for me because I reflect His light. Of course I fell in love with it instantly and have been FireFly ever since. The name HisFireFly marks me as belonging both to God and to my husband.


After much time of praying and asking the Lord, I felt I was to create The Flickering FireFly Award.


Shining For Christ


This award is to recognize bloggers who shine the light of Christ for a watching world.


The very first winner of this new award is Beth at warmHarte and The Power of Your Love


Beth is an amazing example of not hiding one's light under a bushel. Congratulations Beth, snag this little picture for your blog, give it away to others who are lighting the way with a link back to me, please.


And Beth, keep on, keep on shining!

2 comments:

sailorcross said...

Oh, I have just read this, and I'm crying!! As I was reading this, I went "GASP", and then the tears just started flowing!!

They are good tears--I went for years (and I mean many, many years) without shedding a tear. All these emotions bottled up inside of me--and now the tears just flow so easily!! That is only one of the things that Christ has released in me--my ability to feel again!

I noticed your firefly on your sidebar, and I wondered how you created it, and now I have one of my own!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I promise you that I'll always keep my light shining, and you do, too!

Beth

I can't stop crying, but I'm smiling, too!

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha, His Firefly,
I as led here by Beth, so I thought I'd drop by to say hello, and that it is always a blessing to meet a new sister. What a beatiful story of how you got your name, that is such a compliment of being a light that shines for the glory of the Lord.

Keep shinning his light..

Blessings Lorie