23 September 2008

Ten Things Tuesday for September 23

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

This week I thought I would take a moment to thank God for things that I usually seem to take for granted, forgetting that each are a special gift from Him.

  1. He has given me eyes to see the beauty that surrounds me. "Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun." Ecclesiastes 11:7
  2. He has given me ears to hear, a cry, a laugh, a whisper, the call of a bird, the beat of a drum, a chorus of praise. "But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear." Matthew 13:16
  3. He has given me the sense of taste, salty, sweet, bitter, what would food be without this one? "Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste." Proverbs 24:13
  4. He has given me a nose that smells, and those smells all seem to link up with memories. "If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?" 1 Corinthians 12:17
  5. He has given me the sense of touch, hard, soft, smooth, hot, cold, all these sensations that connect me to life on this earth. "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life." John 1:1
  6. He has given me a tongue to speak and language skills to express myself. "The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just." Psalm 37:30
  7. He has given me emotions so that I may feel, joy, sorrow, pain and love. "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26
  8. He has given me feet to stand and to walk. "My feet stand on level ground; in the great assembly I will praise the LORD." Psalm 26:12
  9. He has given me hands that I can lift to Him in worship. "I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:4
  10. He has given me my husband Rick who also has received al the gifts above and shares them with me. "My beloved is mine, and I am his." Song of Solomon 2:16a

Join us at Xbox Wife and share your ten things!

8 comments:

The Striving Homeschool Mom said...

So awesome! Thank you for the reminders!!!!!

MECH said...

Wow, what a powerful list! I need to think a little deeper when it comes to mine! I hope you have an awesome week!

sailorcross said...

I love your list!! So many things that we just take for granted and we should be thankful for each and every one of these!!

Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for the everything that God has given me, especially the things I take for granted.

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I have senses on my list this week, too!

mholgate said...

What lovely thoughts! God is so good. He has given us much to be thankful for.

Anonymous said...

This is my 1st week to participate in Ten Things Tuesday, but what a wonderful way to express your thankfulness. Thank you for sharing.

Kathy Schwanke said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for posting that.

Thank you also for visiting my blog. I have got to bookmark you.

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I LOVE the way you incorporated Scripture into your thankful list! This was beautiful!

Have a blessed week!