09 September 2008

Ten Things Tuesday September 9

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

This week my 10 things is dedicated to my husband Rick. I am so abundantly blessed that our Lord placed him in my life.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning penned: "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."

Let me take a bit of creative license here and say: "Why do I thank God for Rick? Let me count the ways."
  1. Rick loves God above all else. That keeps his other priorities aligned.
  2. Rick is not afraid to say "I'm sorry"
  3. Rick has the same quirky sense of humour I do. We laugh often.
  4. Rick is a lifelong learner.
  5. Rick is quick to encourage and support me in whatever I believe God is asking me to do.
  6. Rick's bag of tricks, his knowledge and abilities fill in the gaps and compliment my own.
  7. Rick has a heart that has been kneaded, molded and softened by the Lord.
  8. Rick always finds new ways to surprise me with his kindness.
  9. Rick handles our finances with skill and Kingdom mindedness.
  10. Rick is Rick! He is exactly who God created him to be but open to the Lord's ongoing and never ending work in his life. God is taking him from glory to glory, and I get to come along for the ride.

What are you thankful for today? Join us at My Ten Things and share your blessings.

3 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I love the you made your list all about your husband! That's a fantastic idea. I joined in the challenge, too!

It sounds like you have a strong man leading your home and marriage!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment! I love the way you turned your thankfulness around this week. We should take that perspective with our husbands more often!

Toknowhim said...

Am so glad that you are enjoying answering the Cafe Chat questions. I send the questions weekly to Amy who is one of the owners of the site. She is the one that actually posts them (she knows all the technical stuff, like the Mr. Linky). Amy was without power for several days after Hurricane Gustav, so she didn't get to post the question. She should be posting the next question tomorrow.

Blessings and keep coming back :)

Kim