27 September 2008

Cafe Chat Week of September 27



This week Kim asked us "In what ways have you “conformed to this world” in your own life? Then, share the story of how God worked through you to “renew your mind” in that situation."

For some reason, though I don't often rhyme, this is what got stirred up in me this morning:

The world is quick to panic, to worry and to fret
About things that have happened
Or haven’t happened yet
And I myself would follow, with lack of faith, in fear
Of all those things around the bend
That might never appear
And then the Holy Spirit, with patience, love and grace
Did a great transforming work
That put things in their place
Now when troubles threaten, instead of getting stressed
I simply run to Jesus
And in Him always find rest.

"He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD." Psalm 112:7

Join us at Cafe Chat and share your answer to this weeks question.

7 comments:

Toknowhim said...

Oh, I love your poem, and I can so relate because one of my greatest struggles has/is at times still "Fear".

Thanks for participating weekly!!

sailorcross said...

That is just beautiful!! Did it just come to your mind like that? I haven't written poetry since high school, and even then it never rhymed!

Fear can be a paralyzing factor in our lives. That's why trust in the Lord is so important.

Beth

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

For a woman who does not often rhyme, this is beautiful.

-Esthermay

Kathy Schwanke said...

What a great poem! I love it!

G.Dowell said...

Love the rhyme, and it is a great reminder that fear is a great hindrance to what God wants to do in our lives.

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hi! This is beautiful!

Just wanted to let you know that after consulting with my two best helpers for letters of the alphabet, you have the letter "L"! Have fun with it ~ come let me know when it's up!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem! "And I myself would follow, with lack of faith, in fear" describes so many of us succinctly. Fear is our worst enemy, isn't it?

Blessings to you!