13 September 2008

Cafe Chat Week of September 13



Kim’s question this week is one many of us have answered before at various stages in our lives. It would be quite interesting if we had records of previous responses just to see how we have changed over the years.

"If you were deserted on an island for 1 year with absolutely no connection to the outside world (not even one person), what 3 things would you bring with you?"

This question arises at the perfect time for me, as I am busy studying and meditating on “Abiding in Christ”. To be stranded on that island sounds like just what I need to complete my lessons, having no one but my Lord to keep company with and nothing to distract me from His presence.

I can answer quickly, with no doubt or wavering. I would have with me a Bible, a journal and a pen.

I have proven through times of prolonged prayer and fasting that I can survive without eating. His written Word is what I desire to live and feed on, for as it says in Deuteronomy 8:3:

“And He humbled you and allowed you to hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you recognize and personally know that man does not live by bread only, but man lives by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord.” Amplified Version

The journal and pen are to record what He speaks, reveals and teaches, and to write down prayers, answers and praises to He Who alone is worthy of such!

What would you bring with you? Join us at Cafe Chat and share your answers.

5 comments:

sailorcross said...

Excellent answers!! Thanks for sharing this with me. I probably won't be posting on this until tomorrow. But, I know I'll be taking my Bible with me. That's the very first thing that came to my mind, and I didn't have to think long at all on that!

Beth

Anonymous said...

My Bible came up first in my mind too, but then I thought "computer" next. Hmmm, I think that goes against the "no outside contact" idea. :) Great answer!

Anonymous said...

Great choices! A pen and journal would be a great thing to have with the bible.

sailorcross said...

I just finished reading "The Shack". Have you read that yet? It is powerful. So, here I am--filled emotions--filled with God's love for me--and I think that I am going to go to www.theshack.com to leave a comment there about the book.

But, I check my e-mail first, and my very first is from you with your comment on "The Power of Your Love". I am sitting here with tears rolling down my face thanking God for loving me.

I have been pulled in many different directions lately--many projects and completing none. And God--He kept bringing me back to this project until I finally completed it today.

I would love to have you join us. I will need your e-mail address to send you an invitation. You can send it to sailorcross2007@yahoo.com

Thank you for joining us, and thank God for bringing you to us.

Beth

Laurie Ann said...

Great answers! I love that you trusted the Lord to provide the food - I didn't think of that. LOL. I assumed it was a given.