16 September 2008

My Ten Things for Tuesday September 16

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

I am amazed how quickly it is Tuesday again. Time seems to have wings.

I am learning more each day the importance of what Paul taught us "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Here's my list for this week:

  1. The rains have stopped, the temperatures have moderated and the farmers are back out on the fields trying to complete the harvest before cold and snow close in. Yes, it can happen this early in Manitoba.
  2. I have been invited to contribute to the new blog started by Sailorcross called The Power of Your Love
  3. The harvest from our garden has been extravagant. I will have much to give away.
  4. I was finally able to get the grass cut on Friday. I could probably bale it and have a hay ride with what's lying on the ground now.
  5. Rick had his regular day off yesterday instead of having to work overtime, and got much done in the garden.
  6. I finished reading "Abide in Christ" and now can write the paper that completes my current assignment. There is so much to absorb about the truths revealed in Jesus simple invitation "abide in Me"
  7. I am being taken out for a belated birthday lunch today by a very dear friend.
  8. God's love endures forever.
  9. I have food and shelter and love surrounding me when so many must find a way to live without any of these things.
  10. No matter what tomorrow brings, God is in control

What are you thankful for today? Join us here and add your list.

6 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

I must say that I live vicariously through each week when I read about your gardening. You take me to a place that is so far away from the one in which I live! THANK YOU for the images of beauty you capture through your words!

Have a blessed week!

sailorcross said...

I didn't know it was your birthday!! Happy belated birthday!!

I love your thankfuls list--I usually do Thankful Thursday on my warmharte blog.

Gardening--oh, how I miss this!! Apartment living does have its advantages and disadvantages--such as no where to plant anything!!

Hope you had a wonderful time at lunch with your friend!

Beth

Redhead Rambles said...

I'm envious of your gardening skills. I kill anything green I try and grow! Great list. You're very creative and imaginative. Love that.

mzzterry said...

Outstanding list! Gods Love Endures forever.......amen=)

Anonymous said...

We don't have a garden yet (we will someday!), but I love it when people have so much they have to give it away. It's such a blessing to us! I'm sure your friends feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful list! God's love does indeed endure forever!