17 September 2013

standing on new ground

Remember the old ugly?  
I have lived with a floor I hate 
since moving into this house eleven years ago.  
It still covers the hall and the kitchen/dining room,
but in those areas there isn't water damage underneath.  
How much is hidden beneath ours foundations that is rotted and soiled?
When we know something is wrong but are afraid to look the damage increases.

It was time.  We stripped the old away.
It was bad, but nothing that couldn't be dealt with.
Yes, our imaginations magnify.
So I ask Lord, search me.
Show me the wrinkles and spots.
Let me see so I can let You change me.

Investigate my life, O God,
    find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
    get a clear picture of what I’m about;
See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—
    then guide me on the road to eternal life.

This is what the floor looks like at the moment.
The wire for the under tile heat is in place
and leveling cement has been poured
to prep for the laying of ceramic tile
There are spots from dry wall mud
yet it feels clean, fresh
a picture of where I am
standing on new ground
waiting to take the next step