05 May 2012

So for now...

There is a post rattling around in my spirit
it has been knocking there the past two or three days
but it seems unwilling to settle enough to give words to...

Perhaps it is trying, like I am
to find wings

waiting has never come easy to me

so for now
in that blind place called faith
I'll join Sandy in the stillness

The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God,
this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living.
It's our handle on what we can't see.


 
Stop here and breathe in the stillness with Sandy

 

5 comments:

Jody Lee Collins said...

Hello there...visitng from Sandy's place. I enjoyed reading Eugene Peterson's take on the Hebrew's verse--I don't think I'd read it before. Faith is "the handle on the thing we can't see..."
I like that.

The seagull at the sandy shoreline is waiting....like you. The Holy Spirit will confirm his timing to share the words on your heart.

Unknown said...

I realized this weekend that I don't rely often enough on this foundation of faith. I seize control at every chance I get. But I'm learning that me taking control equals shifting sand.

Cindee Snider Re said...

There is such grace in the waiting, and it teaches a patience and perseverance I never expected and wouldn't have chosen, but am so grateful I didn't miss! Sometimes it seems the words need time to steep till they are full and ready, till they've sufficiently colored our perspective and understanding with His. Blessings to you in the wait!

Lyn Cooke said...

A beautiful reminder that actively waiting is part of the doing. Time spent in the cocoon is time well spent ...until the butterfly is ready to fly. I needed to read these words tonight. Thank you. May God richly bless you while you wait on Him. :)

michelle ortega said...

waiting, trusting, knowing the words will come when they are ripe and ready to be plucked from the vine (or heart) in their sweet fullness-beautiful!