23 February 2012

Faithful to Himself

This week Bonnie asks us - "What is one quality that attracts you to Jesus today?"

How do I choose one quality only when the One Who Is the subject of my choosing is almost beyond knowing even as He calls for us to know Him?  He Is all that is good, all that is worthy of mention.

Faithfullness.  A very particular sort of faithfullness.

I could write about His faithfullness to me, but that isn't exactly what I'm drawn to here.

It is His faithfullness to be exactly Who He says He Is, true to His Word at all times.

Among people, words are spoken freely, tossed about, falling easily from tongues.  The same words are often recanted or contradicted with scarce a second thought.

Often I have heard others, and sadly, I must admit, often I have heard myself say "Oh, I didn't really mean that"

Jesus means each and every word He says, none are false and none are wasted.  Every word is true to Who He Is.  What He says can be trusted, just as He can be trusted, now and always.  Faithful.

For Jesus doesn't change—yesterday, today, tomorrow, he's always totally himself. Hebrews 13:8 The Message

  
Joining Bonnie as we continue to unwrap love

 

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Faithfulness is what we long for!

Jason Stasyszen said...

Reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures: 2 Timothy 2:13. If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself. He cannot go against His own interests and His word, if we will just hold on, will transform not only our circumstances but us. Wonderful meditation, Karin. Thank you.

Floyd said...

Well said, it's not about our faithfulness at all. His is perfect. The first thing that popped into my mind was "thankful." I'm thankful for HIs mercy, grace, love, and all that it encompasses.

Followed Jason over.