07 September 2011

Word Filled Wednesday - Open doors

Enter into His gates
 with thanksgiving and a thank offering
and into His courts with praise!
Be thankful and say so to Him,
bless and affectionately praise His name! 


The thing I miss most while I'm away from home is the time early in the morning when I sit down, (in what is now called my "Jesus chair") open my journal, and wait on the Lord to speak His truth into my heart.

This is what He shared as the sky grew light this morning:

I will teach you peace and contentment, like the great apostle Paul, in both need and abundance.

You will know in a deeper way that all you see, all you dream of, from the smallest provision like manna on the ground belongs to Me.  Humility will open your eyes to see the truth - you deserve nothing - yet I sustain you.

A heart of gratitude will take you places most never go, down a road walked by My side.

Thankfulness will open doors where beauty and glory shall multiply.

Praise prepares the way as it prepares your heart.


Come visit Internet Cafe Devotions for more wonderful combos of pictures and the Word.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful, and so true! Thanks for your blessings today!

Linda

lynnmosher said...

Thanks so much for sharing God's words. So true! I learned a long time ago that praise opens the portal to more than I can imagine. Blessings to you!