18 February 2011

Pleasantly disturbed on a Friday?

I know that today is the day after Thursday, but this seems to be a day to pull random strings together into one post, so I am pleasantly disturbed on Friday.

I'm thanking and praising today over at Everyday Testimony Project and praying that many others will grab hold of the joy that arises from testifying to the greatness of our God!  Stop by and shout out your own thank you, for He Is more than worthy of our praise.

As a blogger for Compassion I am blessed to be able to particpate in monthy blogging assignments.  This month we have the opportunity to help send Emilda, a sponsored child  to the World Special Olympics. 

Emilda lives in a squatter community in the Philippines and though she has the mental capacity of a three year old, she is very fast on her feet!  In 2009 Emilda competed in the Philippine Special Olympics and won a gold medal, two silver medals and a bronze medal in track and field.  This performance qualified her to compete in the World Special Olympics in Athens, Greece this Summer. But she needs your help to get there.

Emilda's parents are unable to pay her way to Greece and neither is the Philippine government. Her need is $19,857.
You can find more information about Emilda here and your donations can be made here.

One year ago today my father slipped from the grip of this earthly life.  Today I reflect back on the struggle surrounding his last days, a time I wrote about here.  I pray that he is resting in the arms of Christ, like a contented lamb, knowing the sweet peace that comes from walking with the One true shepherd.  I pray that same outpouring of peace for all of my family.  I miss you Dad, I love you still.

This morning, the Lord reminded me to keep a cup of cold water filled, prepared to share it in His name.  If you're in need of refreshment, give me a shout, I'll pour out.

And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded.
  Matthew 10:42 NLT




Stop by Helen's place and visit the rest of the random gang.

2 comments:

Duane Scott said...

Oh, I'm so sorry.

I'm sure it is days like these that you miss your father the most.

He's proud of you.

I have a feeling. :)

Helen said...

I am sorry for your loss. DS is right. He is proud of you.