01 September 2009

Hot & Sweet

There are things I could sit and fret over today.

My mother has appointments with the surgeon who performed her last biopsy and also with the medical oncologist. Perhaps she'll learn results of last weeks MRI and if her adrenal gland is also involved.

Communication seems to be strained and breaking between myself and my oldest brother and sister-in-law.

Yes, I could sit and wonder, and worry, and work myself into a state of anxiety. Yes, I could do that quite easily, allowing the enemy of my soul to speak lies and fear directly into my spirit.

But I choose to remain deaf to his voice today, to trust in my Lord and busy my hands with the work of autumn.

Today's task is turning these lovely peppers into Hot Pepper Jelly. You can find my recipe here.

If you're passing by and hear singing, that will be me, worshipping the only One Who is worthy, as I work.

"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27 NIV

5 comments:

Kelly @ Wisdom Begun said...

Hi Sweet lady!

Your peppers look gorgeous. I great some jalapenos and bell peppers but they (the jalapenos) are tiny and won't grow any bigger and they are not hot.

Sigh.

Praying for you and your concerns!

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I loved this post b/c though you have a lot on your mind, you are choosing to trust our Lord. Amen.

I also think it's really cool you are making pepper jelly!
~ Wendy

you gotta wonder said...

Wonderful perspective. Blessings, dear one.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Those peppers look great! I understand why you would be worried with all that going on in your life but it is great that you are committing it all to the Lord.
Love Collette xxx

Shannon said...

Keep pressing on. Lifting you up today.