15 September 2009

Bread for my journey

Holy Bible, dated 1885, antique gold lettering...Image by Wonderlane via Flickr

In a little less than a week I will be heading south to spend 8 days caring for my mother as she begins chemotherapy treatments.

I know this will be a difficult time for me, and in preparation I am asking the Lord to suply me with ammunition, scriptures to carry with me, tucked in my pockets and in my heart. I am trusting Him to provide the daily bread I will need for this journey into unknown territory.

I know that it is indeed the Lord Himself Who is sending me, for His plans and His purposes. This is His timing.

"Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” New King James Version (NKJV)

I will trust in the One Who is sending me, in faith that His Spirit goes with me to do His work.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor." Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV

In the midst of battle, I will hold on to His Word which is my truth and there find peace even in the turmoil.

"You have put more joy and rejoicing in my heart than [they know] when their wheat and new wine have yielded abundantly. In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." Psalm 4:7-8 Amplified

If the Lord happens to place a word on your heart for me to carry with me, please share. I am hungry, ever so hungry for more of His bread!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

When the Word is your Rock your strength will be renewed so you will endure mightly.

His verse for you . . .

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Rachel

Lainie said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi and please know I'll be praying for your "adventure." I had a small taste of caring for an aging parent earlier this year... it is an interesting road to travel with secret treasure along the way.

My only thought for you is "His grace is sufficient..."