11 October 2013

surrendering ordinary

I have a history
(as do we all, I believe)
of feeling different
of standing out, being called out
for one reason
or another
too fat
too smart
too bold
even for a time too American 
here in Canada
and my wounds would cry out
can't I just be ordinary
fade out
blend in

but there is a higher call
to be separated
set apart by Him
I am His
and He asks me
day by day
sometimes moment 
by moment
will you surrender ordinary
for the sake of My glory?

Day 11 of 31 Days of Surrender








Five Minute Friday

and linking with Lisa-Jo where we're writing about ordinary

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, I sometimes kinda like my ordinary... Thanks for the reminder that what He has to offer is so much better than ordinary!!

visiting from FMF!

Cherise L. C. said...

I love how this prompt came out as poetry for you! It was interesting to see your unique take on the "ordinary" theme...most people who linked up to Lisa-Jo's blog are writing from the perspective that their ordinary lives are special and beautiful; you are writing from a history of longing for ordinary.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! Thank you so much for sharing it.