18 October 2013

surrendering communication

we have chosen to live 
in the wilds
surrounded by woods, fields
sky, space and silence
I breathe free here
but there is a cost
the trees block signals
from cell towers
texts and calls rarely come through
until I am away from home
this is why we have a land-line
an umbilical cord
of connection
to the world

effective until something
malfunctions
like mice nibbling 
in the junction box
almost a mile away
this has happened two or
three times over the years
and likely the cause
of our current
lack of service

I can't call out
no one can call in
and my cell signal
is almost
non-existant

I have grumbled
complained, pouted
frustration simmering hot
chipping away at nerves
I must find my peace
in surrender
giving up easy access
to anyone but Him
Who always hears
always listens
only a thought away

Then you will call on me 
and come and pray to me, 
and I will listen to you.


Day 18 of 31 Days of Surrender
 

No comments: