14 December 2010

Rejoice - yes rejoice!

This year, as the season of miracles is upon us, the Lord draws us close and closer and my spirit resonates and dances to the words that Mary sang:
"My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior"

How can my lips remain silent?  How can this heart not tremble in worship?
I tune my spirit to the chorus of angels, rejoicing with all who have gone before
all who sing this day and all who are yet to come.

Rejoice for the light has overcome the darkness.
Rejoice for He has conquered sin and death.
Rejoice for our Savior reigns now and forever more.

The truth of His being
fills me, thrills me
finds me humble and shivering with joy
tears falling hot and sweet
as in awe and wonder, yes
I rejoice!

And Mary said:
“ My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant;
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
For He who is mighty has done great things for me,
And holy is His name.
And His mercy is on those who fear Him
From generation to generation.
He has shown strength with His arm;
He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
And exalted the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
And the rich He has sent away empty.
Luke 1:46-53 NKJV


Peter Pollock has resumed as the host of One Word Carnival.  Join us there as we ponder the word rejoice.

Also submitted as part of The High Calling Blogs Christmas in Verse group project.

7 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

That passage from Luke out of Mary's mouth is always so uplifting to me. I am really enjoying visiting around for "rejoice" today. Thanks for your contribution!

Nikole Hahn said...

Amen! As I read this I felt the months grumpies lifting and Christmas pouring over my heart again. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

What He gives us is unfathomable in its magnitude and glory! If I truly meditate on these things and who He is, rejoicing is the only logical outcome. Thanks Karin. So encouraging.

L.L. Barkat said...

He will fill the hungry. That is such a promise.

Melissa Campbell said...

How can my lips remain silent?

Sometimes they do. And sometimes they grumble and complain. But when I turn to the Truth, I melt like you.

Blessings!

Beth Herring said...

I just love this passage of scripture - it is so rich with Mary's faith and her joy. I love to read it and I thank you for sharing it here today.

a joyful noise said...

I like your words, "I tune my spirit to the chorus of angels" This time of year especially we can almost hear them rejoice and sing, Glory to God in the Highest!