02 December 2010

Christmas wish

This has been a year of wanting to learn what it means to surrender
To desire more of Him and less of me
To lay down my plans, offer my heart
To come as I am knowing His love will accept me, but also change me.

This has been a year of learning how much of my "self" still fights for life.

So for this Christmas I want less.
Less of who I think I am and more of Who He Is.
That I might loosen my grip on this alabaster jar even knowing it will fall,
shatter and empty, pouring out all that I am.

This year I think I will wrap a box
to place beneath the tree
as a gift to my Lord, an offering of a place emptied,
prepared, waiting to be filled.

My Christmas hope, a miraculous exchange
that would leave none of me
and all of Him.


Stop by Bonnie's Faith Barista to join in the Jam!


9 comments:

Nikole Hahn said...

Amen!

Heidi said...

I want that full exchange! Less of me and more of you Jesus! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That is so good, Karin. This is my prayer as well. Thank you.

Short Poems said...

That is great, love it :)

Beth Herring said...

This is my prayer as well my friend. We get so hooked on 'self' - we are so self-aborbed and my desire is to be absorbed in Him!

Shelby and Bev said...

beautiful words here today...
he must become greater, i must become less...john 3:30

Janis Van Keuren said...

What a beautiful gift to give the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Welcoming more of Him and surrendering all of you. Truly something to hope for.

Blessings,
Janis

Sandra Heska King said...

I want to join you in that empty place.

Bonnie Gray said...

Karin, I love this post. So packed with personal reflection and also beautiful poetry. Most of all, I really liked the idea you shared at the end. I think I will do it this year -- wrap a package under the tree for Jesus from me. what will be in there? ... :) Love jamming with you!