15 December 2010

I winter here

I never imagined
the arms that would hold me
content and cradled
in love.

Life stripped of frivolities
that once seemed essential,
yet filled to capacity
with joys simple and profound.

Once I dreamed
of shorelines, beaches
days baked
in the heat of the sun.

In the silence
my life surrounded
enveloped
in heavy layers of snow
I am caught surpised
by the depth of peace
that finds me
as I winter here.




Stop by One Stop Poetry to read more One Shot Wednesday poems.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Winter is so not my favorite...but your poem almost persuades me. It was wonderful!

Angel @ Finding The Inspiring said...

This is my dream I see in your photos. Sigh. Maybe one day...

Sandra Heska King said...

Rejoicing with you in the simple and profound that breathe peace.