28 December 2010

Road map in the mirror

A mirror, reflecting a vase.Image via Wikipedia

I'm not sure
what to look for
in the mirror anymore

Once a mosaic
of the stories
only years can build
history
written in my eyes

Now wiped clean
by tears
that flow
with joy and wonder
leaving a glow

A mark of peace
A seal of love

Let my face serve
as a road-map
that leads
to the doorway
of my Lord
so those who see me
might find Him


I'm taking part in Peter Pollock's One Word Blog Carnival where today's word is reflection

and also submitting this as my Wednesday One Shot at One Stop Poetry



Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

You write beautifully. This is my prayer too:
"...so those who see me
might find Him."
Thanks for sharing.

Claudia said...

let my face serve as a road map - i like the idea..beautiful poem

Monty said...

what a beautiful way to tell of your salvation! keep on writing; I love it

dustus said...

Some very beautiful lines in your poem. Thanks for sharing it.

Glynn said...

Your face as a roadmap to your Lord -- because your heart already is. Good poem.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Beautiful, Karin! I've started noticing more of those lines on the "map" these days. As I read this, I'm praying that the Lord will put more lines where I smile, and soften the ones where I'm inclined to furrow my brow. :P How I want to shine HIM! :D

Brian Miller said...

let my face be the roadmaps tot eh lord...wow...that is a tight line...

Bubba said...

You're reflecting in more ways than one. Nice One Shot!

Carrie Van Horn said...

This is my favorite of your poems HisFirefly....tears are a cleansing that do leave a glow, and mark of peace....a road map....I love this one through and through!!! :-)

Heather said...

Beautifully written and uplifting words. Thank you. :)

Steve Isaak said...

Well-written declaration of faith - good use of imagery, short-break lines. Not bombastic, like a lot of religious verse is.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Karin. I will definitely echo your prayer.

Anonymous said...

Interesting juxtaposition of the mirror and road map ideas. As believers we do want to reflect His glory and thereby point the way to Him. Nice one shot!

a joyful noise said...

Beautiful post! May Jesus be seen in our faces and in our writings during this new year of 2011.

Brock S. Henning said...

Lovely poem, and I love the photo of the pot in the mirror. Nice extra touch. :)