01 May 2014

my eyes, His

today I began
the first of May
exercise one in Making Manifest
What do you want to see in the world? What do you hope for? What people and events have shaped your vision? What informs it most? What is it that you want to say to the world? What do you want your voice to be for?
I was struck by this line in the opening poem
There's a waking in every wilderness
and I began to write:

I want to see whatever my Lord chooses 
for my eyes
to hold the vision
using words, images crafted

to capture time
even as it refuses to be captured

I want to see what He wants me to see
but so often turn my eyes
to my own desire
to have my way, yet again

I am moved 
by the perfect
crystals of memory
recorded by poets
and other writers
of broken prose
imperfect, like me

attempting to leave behind
a road map of sorts
a trail of scattered crumbs
that can lead a weary
wanderer toward
the heart of God

Who chooses to unite
my eyes with His
creating vision unique
filled with colour
with light
with life
Whitespace Community Linkup @ faithbarista.com

also creating whitespace with Bonnie

4 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

"Theres a waking in every wilderness."

That line stopped me, too. And I saw Deidra and heard her again talking about burning bushes.

I love what you've done with this exercise, and I'm so glad you're creating whitespace with me/us.

Anonymous said...

First offerings...I like how your poem draws me deeper in layer by layer of your thoughts...some of my favorite imagery was the road map and scattered crumbs...looking forward to the advenuture...stopping by from the Making Manifest facebook community.

Denise said...

Enjoyed this.

Trudy said...

The imagery you create is so beautiful, Karin.
"a trail of scattered crumbs
that can lead a weary
wanderer toward
the heart of God"
Your poetry does this for me. :) Thank you!