19 April 2014

all in the waiting

I said to my soul, be still, and wait without hope
For hope would be hope for the wrong thing; 

wait without love
For love would be love of the wrong thing; 

there is yet faith

But the faith and the love and the hope are all in the waiting.

Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought. 
So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness, the dancing.

T.S. Eliot

One year ago, it was not the Saturday of waiting
for the glory of Easter Sunday, no
that day of rejoicing had come
and gone, weeks before

last year today was a Friday
a different day of waiting
for what we knew would come
but could never prepare for
and by Saturday, she was
simply no longer here

grief is sticky, having 
it's way with me
there is no calendar
for mourning
no limit to tears
I wait for Sunday

Sandra Heska King - Still Saturday
in the stillness with Sandy

 

5 comments:

diana said...

Prayers for you in the midst of this grief, on this strange anniversary.

caryjo said...

As usual, you shared beautifully, in every possible way.

Thank you.

David Rupert said...

This just made me stop -- and think. Which is exactly what you were trying to do, right?

Denise said...

Very lovely.

carol longenecker hiestand said...

"grief is sticky, having
it's way with me
there is no calendar
for mourning
no limit to tears
I wait for Sunday"

Oh how true, how very true. I resonate with this. Anniversaries have their with us and we never know how they will be. I just make sure i make time for them.

And
I was on Pure Charity website, reading the comments and saw you there. My son is one of the web designers and went to Rogers for the services. It's a small world, isn't it?