20 February 2014

through the breaking

Authenticity, the journey to be
who ever I may be
at this moment
My mind as blank as
the screen, white before me
I have no words
as I begin
and yet in faith
begin I must
in fragmented lines
I listen, my poet's heart
willing to be willing
to scatter, shatter, open
raw and sharp
allowing what comes
to flow, to cleanse
like blood, fresh

I can not plan
or predict the shape
sharing what He allows
or commands
I follow and find my way
through the breaking
to find His words
in my voice

This is who I am
This is what I offer.

walking with the broken, redeemed beloved with Emily







jamming with Bonnie

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked your poetic offering here. The process of writing put so well to words.
Cheers,
Leah

Tonya said...

beautifully written.
love the photo of the moose.

Trudy said...

Powerful words, Karen. Thank you. I love the pic of the moose. :)

Jody Lee Collins said...

Karin, I was reading Ps. 119, the first section, this morning in The Message and saw these notes in my journal,"We draw the shape first--the bones of our lives--then write the 'words' to fit. Like God, He is the master whose shape we must fit, he writes the words of who we are, a poem to Him."
Holy Spirit echoes, friend.

Beautiful.

Cherry Warrick said...

Love your words ... especially this - "I follow and find my way". Finding our voice is all about following Him, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your thoughts. (Visiting from Faith Barista Jam linkup.)

Anonymous said...

LOve to you

Nancy Hamilton Sturm said...

Karin, this is a beautiful offering. Your image of the heart, raw like blood made me think of Christ's blood, cleansing our bleeding hearts. Thank you.