13 November 2013

reflect and shine

Do you ever wonder if you possess anything useful to God's Kingdom?
I do. So I asked -
what have I to offer Lord to You and to the world?

I opened my journal and my heart to hear His reply:

Your willing heart and your availability are a gift to Me.

As you surrender and allow Me to do as I will, it matters not at all what you have for I Am able to use what I have, in you, through you.

It is your capacity to be empty.
To retain this gift you must release all pride.
Knowing it was Me Who stooped low, it was Me Who reached high.

Never claim a bit of the glory as your own.
Reflect and shine.

For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.[a] This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. 2 Corinthians 4:6-7 NLT


walking with Emily in imperfection

 

4 comments:

Amanda MacB said...

God has been talking to me about surrender this week, so this is timely. I really like the picture you posted, too.

Dolly@Soulstops said...

Love the truth God spoke to you...yes, it was when Mary was willing to be empty and allow Jesus to be born in her...yes, it is all about what He does when we are available...Thank you for sharing this gem with us :)

Denise said...

Beautiful.

Jody Lee Collins said...

Karin, we were talking about treasures in jars of clay JUST LAST NIGHT at Home Group. Oh, Jesus, shine through me. I know He shines through you.