01 August 2013

This Is Our Love by Jody Cross

I know that God loves me not for what I do, but for who I am, His creation and His child. But I also know His desire is for me to be conformed to His image.

If I want to be like Him, I need to know what moves His heart.  He doesn't make this a mystery, His Word shows again and again that He is concerned with the broken, the fatherless, the hungry, lame and weak.

In this new collaboration with World Vision Canada, pastor and worshipper Jody Cross shares devotional thoughts behind sixteen worship songs by Canadian artists.  The songs are provided on a cd slipped neatly in a  back pocket of the book.

Each chapter includes a prayer section Lift it Up; discussion questions Talk it Out and practical steps to take Walk it Out.

One of my favourite songs included is Real Life Offering:

You want food for the hungry
Love for the lonely
Justice and mercy for those treated poorly
Tears for the lost and wounds from our cross
This is the worship you seek
A real life offering

The words resound in my heart, reminding me again and again of Paul's words to the Romans:

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1 NIV

I urge you to read and listen to this project, and pray that you hear not only the sound of these talented musicians and singers but the very pulse of God's heart.

Book has been provided courtesy of World Vision and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at Churches.WorldVision.ca/resources

The opinions I have shared are my own.