24 July 2012

I Am Second by Bender and Sterrett

An empty white seat marks the front cover of I Am Second.  Real Stories. Changed Lives by Doug Bender and Dave Sterrett.  The back cover teases with the following words:
Famous or unfamiliar, these are the stories of real people who reached the end of their strength, the end of their control, and found the most surprising truths. It taught them not to rely on self or substance but to lean on the only completely reliable source of love, hope, and freedom: the God who created them. Shocking in their honesty, inspiring in their courage, these testimonies are critical reminders that no one is too far from God to find him.
Nothing points to the power of God's love like lives that have been touched and redeemed. That is what I found in the words and also in the spaces between the lines.  I was glad to get a taste in the printed pages of what promises to be engaging video taped interviews.  The book provides links to the video clips but with my slower than slow internet connection I am unable to enjoy them.

The words printed have the power to touch hearts but I believe that the words spoken may indeed be supercharged to move spirits.  I pray that many, many more are impacted by the website and all that it links and leads to.

Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson.

The opinions I have expressed are my own.

 

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Looks like a good one. Thanks for sharing!