13 January 2010

Word Filled Wednesday - His children


This sign was painted near the high windows of the common play room at The Bulrushes, the Watoto Babies Home in Kampala, Uganda. Our lives were profoundly changed in the short time we spent with these little ones, forgotten by man but not by the Lord.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14 NIV


Lori is hosting us this week at All You Have To Give





8 comments:

lori said...

simply beautiful...

Thanks for joining us today! I loved this!
peace,
lori

Bobbi said...

Love this! Hope you have a wonderful WFW!!

Bonnie Gray said...

I can't imagine how changed from the experience you are -- and how those kids left a blessing and beauty in your memory. It is very comforting to know God does not forget the ones who are usually forgotten by the world. It's a solace. Happy New year, firefly! :)

Michele Williams said...

Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing today. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hey Firefly, thanks for following my blog! I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to join the conversation any time. I really enjoyed your post here today. Looking forward to interacting with you. See you around the blogs!

Kaye Swain said...

One of my favorite verses! Thank you for sharing! :)

annies home said...

children are so innocent it would be easy for them to stay in a hold in my heart as well

Tammy said...

Great verse! Thank you for stopping by my blog on WFW. Have a blessed day...