20 February 2009

Praise on a Friday morning

As I walk through this journey called life, facing the day to day challenges that arise, I can do so with confidence based on the truth of God's Word. In the midst of the darkest problem, I remind myself that He is still in control.

I have been accused of too often trying to put a positive spin on things. Yet think for a moment, if God created the day, and God is almighty, and God's will prevails, then the day will unfold as He desires, even when we can't comprehend it's events.

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

How can I not be glad? My God reigns!! I will arise each morning, and praise You, my Lord, for all that You are. I will submit my life to you afresh, for my flesh to be crucified so that Your Holy Spirit can reign full and free in me. I will choose to rejoice in all things, for all is held fast in Your mighty hand. If others think me foolish, then let me be foolish for Your sake, my God, that they might come to know You.

Be glorified this day, Lord God, in all that I say and all that I do, in Jesus name, I pray.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings His Firefly!!!

PRAISING HIM WITH YOU! Powerful post and submission to Him! It is a beautiful prayer also! I passed it on to Beth...she needs prayer and her daughter Cara. I thought this may encourage her! Let us rise up & praise Him no matter what it looks like around us!

Louise said...

Really, how can we put too positive a spin on anything?? Yes, no matter what happens, it's not us in control.