09 November 2013

new snow

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.
Robert Frost

I am finding rest 
in the silence and the beauty
of His new fallen snow
smoothing rough edges
coating the world with fresh
 
finding the stillness with Sandy
 

2 comments:

Nancy Hamilton Sturm said...

I love that Robert Frost poem, and your photo and words match it perfectly! Lovely and peaceful.

caryjo said...

Loved seeing this. You always do amazingly, considering the challenges. It's cold here ... was 10 degs last night ... and I haven't gone outside, b/c I'd be shivering too much. BUT I'll do what I can to take photos in the next stretch of time. As usual, you did beautifully.