28 May 2012

Missing...

I thought I'd write tomorrow's blog post this afternoon, for tomorrow I shall be away, not at home, not near a computer, missing...

I remembered that tomorrow should be the One Word At A Time Carnival, so I clicked over to Peter's to see what word was scheduled -

missing

Yet again, I love God's timing and sense of humor.

I will be a few hours from here, booked for magnetic resonance imaging of my brain, which I know is surely not missing but perhaps altered in some way that may be responsible for the nerve damage that is causing the rather severe hearing loss in my left ear.

There is much I do not hear, much that I am missing when I grow weary of asking "what?" for the third or fourth time.  Sounds are jumbled, foggy, muted and the roaring in my head often leaves me tired indeed.

I am missing quiet, missing nuance, missing connections...

but in all this, He Is, always, and never missing at all.


Joining the crowd at Peter's place talking about missing

 

5 comments:

jasonS said...

Wow, praying for you, Karin. May you find yourself in the midst of a wonderful miracle. Blessings.

Cris Ferreira said...

I pray that whatever it is that is affecting your hearing will be revealed and healed, for God's glory.

Nikole Hahn said...

Hope your ear gets better. I'll be praying.

Unknown said...

Pray for many moments of hearing His voice calling your name!

caryjo said...

Oh, heavy sigh! I agree with all of your former comments from these precious people. You are appreciated and loved.
Obviously.