19 May 2012

My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade

I love a book that makes me weep with wonder at how God can move in people's lives, so of course I was interested in reading My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade.  This is part of the back cover description of the story:
Upon her arrival in Redbud, Kate meets Matt Jarreau, the man hired to renovate the house. Kate can't help being attracted to him, drawn by both his good looks and something else she can't quite put her finger on. He's clearly wounded--hiding from people, from God, and from his past. Yet Kate sets her stubborn heart on bringing him out of the dark and back into the light... whether he likes it or not.
There are many lessons within the lines of My Stubborn Heart about asking, and listening and waiting to hear what God's choices for your life are.  It isn't easy to surrender your own will and desires; to set aside your own plans in obedience to God's voice, but it is indeed worth it.

Wade's pacing kept the pages turning, and though I found that this story held little that surprised me, I'm still happy that I went along for the ride.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

The opinions I have expressed are my own.
 

1 comment:

Portugal said...

In the wonderful novel My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade, we encounter the prayers of two profound women both praying for the same person, Matt Jarreau. When Kate decides to take God up on His offer to help her grandmother renovate her home in Redbud, Pennsylvania, little does she know how God will answer her childhood prayer. What ultimately transpires between the two over this novel is nothing short of an exceptionally well-written romance classic. You can't help but fall in love with their story and how masterfully each is taken by the hand of God and walked through their darkest valleys.