11 May 2012

Anything by Jennie Allen

I first tasted the work of Jennie Allen when I began leading a small group through her Stuck bible study.  I was impressed not only with the depth but also with her humility and "realness".  From the very first pages of Anything The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul I could recognize that very same voice.

The teaser on the back cover echoed the cry of my own heart:
Caught in this familiar haze of worldly happiness and empty pursuits, Jennie Allen and her husband Zac prayed a courageous prayer of abandonment that took them on an adventure God had written for them.
"God, we will do anything. Anything,"
Jennie walks us through the many ways God has been answering their prayer and the prayers of those around them who have chosen to surrender.

The following passage resonated loudly in my own spirit:
What does God want most?
I've always known the answer, though I've never known what the answer meant.  I certainly never knew what the answer meant for my life.
God is most after his glory.
If, like me, your desire is for more of what God wants for your life, this book will be a helpful guide along a road that is not easy or simple but the only truly rewarding journey there is.

Too many times we believe that this life is all about our own happiness, comfort and sastisfaction.  Jennie speaks profound truth that is rarely shared:
To accept that life is supposed to be hard is the beginning of joy.
If you're looking for the joy of knowing what its like to be fully open and surrendered to the Lord, this is one book you will not want to miss.

Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson.

The opinions I have shared are my own.


 

No comments: