25 June 2011

Sewing buttons

Vintage sewing buttons.Image via Wikipedia


Thursday morning, while beginning my quiet time with the Lord, I asked Him how He would have us pray.  I was expecting a friend in for coffee later who feels led to pray for our small town community.  As I grew still I saw just a brief snip of a vision:

There were loose buttons scattered on streets and sidewalks and a hand stitching buttons to a garment of rough, coarse material.  The buttons were different colours, shapes and sizes, yet one after another was sewn to the same cloth.

I didn't think it meant much, but as I picked up my pen and journal, this is what the Lord shared:

And do you see yourself finding the buttons, stopping to pick them up?  Or do you notice them and merely kick them out of your way?

I believe you will gather, little one.  You will gather those lost ones, hold them safely in your hand or a pocket, and bring them to Me - the Master Mender.  My hand will heal and place them in the spot already designed and waiting.  They will know they are home.


It is indeed a wedding garment I Am creating.


"But..." I sense you question "what of the dark, rough fabric?  Surely no wedding gown was made of such."


I Am not finished, child.  All the buttons have not been gathered.


You will see.  You will see.  When the last thread is placed through the last button, in My perfect time, what you see as ugly and coarse shall be transformed into a thing of glory - to clothe a bride fit for a king.

And with what gentle patience does your King await His bride.


Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.  Revelation 19:7 NIV


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Leslie said...

i like this vision... and i can't wait! you should share this with michelle at "graceful." she has a little participation that begins on sunday nights called "hear it on sunday, use it on monday," but it's really for whatever you've heard the Lord say to you throughout the week. and this is so precious.

Nikole Hahn said...

Personally, I like a boxful of different buttons. Each button has its own personality, purpose, and adds color to any garment. :o)