28 August 2010

My music director

My KeyboardImage via WikipediaAs I woke this morning I saw a vision of a piano keyboard and as I sat down to journal I asked the Lord what He wished to share.

I will play the music of your life. I will write the melody and the harmony. Do not take the conductor's baton from My hand and I will orchestrate.

When you are obedient instruments in My hands there are no sour notes, no missed interludes, no jumbled rhythms.

Will you allow Me to set the rhythm of your days? just as i cause the sun to rise and to set at their appointed times and call the light day and the darkness night, will I also order your life. You can choose to alter my timing in the same way you use electricity to create artifical light and shades to provide the dark, but it will never feel as comfortable or whole as when you walk in My ways.

I am not calling you to a time without electricity - I Am speaking in parables - trying to teach you something. What is your power source?

Many churches have used the slogan "get connected" to promote engagement in church groups, ministries and activities.

But I tell you, the connection must be made with Me first. When My life flows through you, then My power is multiplied.

Take your hands off the keys, little one, and listen as I play.

God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. Genesis 1:5 NIV

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Sarah Salter said...

Incredible, Karin! Thanks for sharing!

SarahBeeCreations said...

Tears are flowing down my face as I read this. It's as if it was written just for me this morning. Thank you so much for this blessing.
I am trying to loosen my grip on the baton. I've had a white-knuckle grip and hadn't realized it until a dear friend pointed it out to me a couple days ago. Trying to hold on that tightly does no good. I need to let Him orchestrate.