03 January 2014

fight

I saw a plaque at the local bargain store a few years ago
Don't go to bed mad, stay up and fight
and even as I laughed my spirit jumped in agreement

but don’t use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don’t stay angry. Don’t go to bed angry 

When my insides are churning
with hurt or confusion or frustration
I have to find a way of letting go
putting in a cork and trying to ignore or forget
serves no good purpose
emotions run like fire
or ice, finding a path of their own
better a slow release
than a spill under pressure

my beloved dislikes confrontation
so we dance about the need to fight
but we are learning as we grow together
that the dawn glows brighter
after the peaceful sleep that only comes
when things have been set right

so be fair, be kind
but fight
love is worth it

Five Minute Friday linking up with Lisa-Jo where the word is fight

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true what you wrote. I am still learning how to let things go. As we are going we also are learning together. Thank you for a great blog.

I also went to read some other blogs you have written. And these words truly blessed me at this moment of my life and in the beginning of this new year.

Everything that has every happened in your life up until this very moment was to prepare you for this very moment. The same is true for every moment that is to come.

Thank you!

Pealogic said...

Extremely impressive writing, let alone in 5 minutes. Well done
Pea

Jen Weaver said...

You are right in saying that love is worth the fight. Enjoyed reading your post!