16 January 2014

beloved

Relax, My beloved
cease striving
I can not count how many times 
His voice has whispered
to my quivering ears
you are Mine
it is time to believe it
I chose you, case closed
you were the joy set before Me
the reason I could suffer the nails
it is time to believe it
breathe it
live it, give it away
love as I have loved

You didn’t choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won’t spoil. John 15:16a The Message

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2 NIV



jamming with Bonnie about beloved




 

6 comments:

Amy Breitmann said...

Oh Karin...you know this is my word, my name. Thank for your always finding beautiful words. You are an interpreter of HIS grace.

Sita said...

"cease striving"--so true. No striving needed. Just acceptance. Thank you, sister.

Patty @ Hearts Homeward said...

Yes!
I love that translation of "cease striving" and since I found it, God has whispered it to me on the most intimate and precise times -- cease striving. Amen. I loved your post. You said much -- it will be a part of my devotion as I still before and with the Lord this Saturday. Blessings!

Dolly@Soulstops said...

Yes, Karin, you are His beloved...and I can relate to that struggle to believe...lately I have been praying and asking God to help my unbelief because I do believe...Thank you :)

Sandra Heska King said...

Case. Closed. xo

Nancy Hamilton Sturm said...

Nice! I'm contemplating that wonderful line, "breathe it." Thanks!