20 October 2009

Quiet simplicity

a w:slow cooker Oval Crock PotImage via Wikipedia

It's been a quiet day. Time to take pleasure in the simplicity of housekeeping. Laundry washed, folded and put away. Fresh sheets on the bed and clean fluffy towels in the bathroom. A roast in the slow cooker. Fresh baked bread.

I am able to offer my husband a hot meal and a clean home. I can greet him at the end of his day with love to share for I have spent time at the feet of my Savior.

Once I would have sneered at such a life, yet the life I lived then was filled with discontent.

Now I find peace. Now I find love. Now I find joy.

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11 NIV

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Corinne Cunningham said...

I love this. I find myself content with the same sort of day often, which is not something I would have ever expected.
Lovely words!