28 August 2008

Chicago

Just a brief hello for those of you that might be missing me and wondering where we are. Was I ever really a Chicago girl?

This now country girl is back in the city on holidays, thanking her Lord that He has so changed her life in the past eight years. (Hmmmmmmmm, 8, new beginnings again)

The pace of life here is absurdly fast for no good reason. I feel like I need to catch my breath.

We spent last night on Navy Pier. Ride on the giant ferris wheel where Rick was able to shoot these pictures, dinner, Cirque Shanghai then fireworks.
Yes, it's a very nice place to visit, but how did I ever live here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! I've always wanted to go to Chicago... but I know what you mean. I used to live in a city, and while I'm not quite a country girl now, the pace of life is much slower than where I grew up. (and much better!)

Thanks for sharing some of your vacation pics! Safe traveling!

Heather

Kathy Schwanke said...

Beautiful photos! I have only driven around Chicago on the way to Ohio, but we found out we didn't go far enough around-it took us forrrrever!!

I would love to ride that wheel!