06 August 2008

Fast Track Day 7

I have to confess that I feel a bit uncomfortable talking about my fast, for I believe and try to live out the words of Jesus:

"And when you fast, don’t make it obvious, as the hypocrites do, for they try to look miserable and disheveled so people will admire them for their fasting. I tell you the truth, that is the only reward they will ever get. But when you fast, comb your hair and wash your face." Matthew 6:16-17 New Living Translation

In our quest to be obedient to our Lord, my husband and I have a lifestyle that includes various times and types of fasting. Usually we only share this with the few people who have chosen to stand with us in prayer, knowing that our sacrifice is for the Lord's eyes, not meant to impress the world. However, the National Fast Track is a widespread and corporate time of prayer and fasting, and because I have been called to coordinate things in this part of the province I have gone public with my own journey. My prayer is that in sharing I can support, encourage and inspire others along the way.

Many of you have asked in what way we are fasting. We have chosen to partake of only liquids for breakfast and lunch, and because the bounty of our garden is ripening, we are eating simple vegetables and fruits for our evening meal.

I can sense the Father's hand upon us and continue to look forward to all He will teach us in the days ahead. Your prayers, of course, are cherished and well appreciated.

1 comment:

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. Enjoyed your blog.

Blessings!