08 August 2008

Beginnings

Eight is a number that signifies new beginnings. Take a closer look at today’s date for a moment.

08-08-08

There is NO coincidence here. We are also still in the Jewish Year 5768 which according to Chuck Pierce translates to: "The Year of Samekh Chet...The Year of the Full Circle of Life...A New Beginning Is Yours."

Since I first began planning and praying and organizing a worship and prayer gathering for tonight, the scripture God keeps placing in my heart again and again is:

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

Something new is indeed just around the corner. God has been in the process of stripping from us what has been familiar and comfortable, preparing us for all that He is about to do, in us, around us and through us.

One day recently I woke up singing “No eye has seen, no ear has heard. No eye has seen, no ear has heard, what I your Lord now have in store, for you.”

“But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”” 1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJ

Not only do I believe there is a new beginning for the corporate church, but also there is a call for each of us as individuals to step away from the old and into the new. As we begin to cross bridges I know that our God is with us, and speaks to us as He spoke to Joshua:
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 NIV

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Firefly...this too is so beautifully done...I think I've found a new place to flit and fly and wonder why? and read and learn...

I just came back because I saw your photos at the top header and just had to tell you that looks like my backyard...acres looking into my neighbor's open area...how quaint! I just couldn't pass it up! My fences however are not that great...

I'm so glad that HE is doing a NEW THING! I want to see! I hunger and thirst to see HIS POWER & PLANS come to be!May we be Strong & Courageous as each new dawn brings us closer to HIM & HIS PRESENCE!

Thank you so much for the refreshing words!

Julie said...

I found you from the Cafe, I loved this post.

I am trusting God for new beginnings too.

I also loved your post about love and how Jesus spoke to you. I enjoy times like that as well with Him. When His words come they blow me away.

It's nice to meet you.

Julie