09 August 2008

Cafe Chat Week of August 9

The question Kim asked this week is:

“What is one thing or cause that you are passionate about? (More specifically, something you feel that the Lord has burdened your heart with)”

Okay, that’s not fair! This is another one of those questions where it’s quite difficult for me to pick only one. As you get to know me, you’ll learn that I approach almost everything with passion. It’s who I am. It’s how God made me.

I do find myself wanting to understand God’s love for all of His children, His church, a bride for His Son. He doesn’t see Baptists, Mennonites, Anglicans, Catholics or Pentecostals. He doesn’t see those who sing from an old hymnal versus those who worship in a more charismatic fashion, those who sit silently or those who dance. What He sees is His kids and He grieves over our lack of love and compassion for each other.

In a recent time of journaling, Jesus said to me:

You, little one, have asked to feel what I feel. How that touches Me, for I do desire our hearts to beat as one. Not just you and I, but each of those who have been called, chosen and set apart as My bride. That we would have one synchronized heartbeat. Can you feel the power in that? One heart. One love. The wedding will come. Its glory will surpass anything ever imagined for My Father will attend to every detail. There has never been a perfect marriage, not yet. But there shall be. There shall be.

As we pray for revival in all corners of the earth, and ache for the world to know the love of our Savior, we must learn how to walk out the words that Jesus spoke to His beloved disciples:

"This is My commandment: that you love one another [just] as I have loved you." John 15:12 Amplified

“By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves].” John 13:35 Amplified

Lord God, we humble ourselves before You, and confess that we don't quite understand how to love each other in the way that You have loved us. We are sorry Lord for the ways in which we judge and hurt each other, for that is not Your desire. Teach us Lord how to honour each other, appreciate each other and truly love each other so that the world indeed may know that we belong to You.

Join us this week at http://www.internetcafedevotions.com/2008/08/august-9th-cafe-chat.html

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is funny that you should write about revival. . . i just spent the last week at a conference, praying for revival.

To feel what God feels? WOW! That is heavy stuff; and I will pray for that too.

Renee said...

One church, one family, one heart, unity, one love...found alone in Christ Jesus! Thankyou for sharring with us your hearts passion!

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

Choking back tears...
ONE is right Renee. It hurts so much to see division, and I know God's heart cries over it too.
Thanks for sharing this post.

Peggy said...

Bless YOU HIS Faithful Firefly...
With tears in my eyes, I could feel the passion and I feel right from the start the same kinship..in your words. That's who I am...also but I love how Jesus spoke to you(can it be for me, too?)Our hearts and prayer life must find revival...as ONE BODY
under Christ with that LOVE & COMPASSION! AMEN! AMEN!

Thank YOU for your scripture verses and beautiful prayer! Your words have touched, moved and inspire me!

Thank you also for your encouragement and visit!

Denise said...

Amen to this, bless you.

Laurie Ann said...

God bless you in sharing your passion...mine is similar! I pray that our hearts would beat as one as the body of Christ, and that we will love each other with the love God has for us!

Lily said...

Wow. One body, one heartbeat. It's all about unity in Christ. I

That was beautiful...thanks!