13 April 2012

You're Already Amazing - Holley Gerth

When Holley Gerth's You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be became available I knew I was supposed to read it, certain that God would have something for me between the covers of this new book.

I admit that I'm like most other women I have met.  We never quite believe we measure up, never think we're good enough.  Holly's work here points the way to the truth of how God sees us, a reminder we all need.
What God wants most of all is you.  Just as you are.  Then he'll show you how he wants to use your life to partner with him in fulfilling his purposes.  It won't be a burden, but instead a glorious adventure - with plenty of room for mistakes, growth, and joy along the way.
This is more than mere preaching, more than just words on pages.  Holly offers exercises that help us focus our thoughts and discover what we believe about ourselves and our place in the life God created for us.
Dare to embrace who you are.  Dare to do those weird things you do.  Dare to trust God's whispers into your life more than the demands of the world around you about the "right way." You have the Holy Spirit within you, and he will show you what you need to change in a way that's gentle, life giving, and affirming.
When I first began reading, I was a bit skeptical. I do not like the "self-help" genre. I was happily surprised to find that this volume will not fit into that category, for it is indeed a "God-help" book, reminding all who read that He can do for us what we can not do for ourselves.

I can't think of any woman I know who would not benefit from a journey through this book!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments: