02 November 2010

Tuesdays Unwrapped - Prayer

Today I am celebrating truths about prayer that my Father unwrapped for me this morning as I sat quietly with Him in my journaling time.

Thank you for covering your husband and friend as they worked on cutting trees - for you were praying almost without knowing, for that is how I made you.

Prayer need not be eloquent or comprised of many words - though I do enjoy the rhythms and pattern of your words when you allow My Spirit to grip you.

Prayer might be one word, no words, a hum, a breath, a tapping of fingers on the table. Prayer is a releasing, a surrender - a cry that you can't and I must. Prayer is a turning, turning from the world and fixing your eyes on Me.

My disciples asked "how then shall we pray" and I say unto you the very same - ask for the Kingdom and My will.

Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.” So He said to them, “When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Luke 11:1-2 NKJV

Emily's back from her month of grace, so stop by Chatting at the Sky and share the gifts you've been unwrapping.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayer is a awesome dance sometimes!

Doug Spurling said...

Saying a prayer is one thing - listening and hearing in prayer is another. Once you have heard, then you have prayed. Thank you for listening. He speaks.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I don't know why for sure, but I tend to try to complicate prayer. Perhaps it is as simple as you describe here: a cry that I can't and He must...

Thank you for this.

Undeserving Grace said...

I agree. Thank You for this sometimes I forget He knows me better than I know myself and I need to slow down during prayer time.