25 August 2009

Thirsty


I am happy and thankful to be back home on the land and in the life God gave me.

While I was away I felt trapped and lost. I wasn't only away from my house and garden, my familiar routine, my beloved pets and my friends, but I also felt that I had stepped out of the presence of my God.

Just like the hummingbird above or the bee below, I came home parched, looking for nectar, thirsty for Jesus and for time resting at His feet.

"Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:8-9 NIV

Jesus in His great mercy and love is faithful to satisfy my every need. Like the hummingbird below, caught in an unusual moment, perched on the feeder with wings oddly still, I'm going to take a good long drink and rest.

"The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life." Revelation 22:17 NIV

No comments: