31 July 2008

Thankful Thursday

"Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Amplified Bible

It would be easy for me to thank God for the loving relationships He has established in my life. In fact, I do thank Him daily for my beloved husband, my family, my church family and for the amazing friends He has brought into my life. Paul however teaches us to be thankful in all circumstances. So.....

Today I choose to thank You, Lord God for those relationships in my life that are strained at this moment in time, knowing that Your work is being done even when I can't understand it. I choose to thank you for those relationships that have fractured and seem beyond repair, for You alone know when people need to move on and move out of my life. I know that there are lessons You wish me to learn from those people in my life that drive me crazy, so I thank you for them as well. Thank You for loving me enough to do those things that are best for me even when they might not be the things I myself would opt to do. You are my God, my King, seated on the throne and Lord of my life. Thank You for choosing me to be Your child, in Jesus name.

To read more Thankful Thursday posts, do visit Sting My Heart. Thank you for Iris for hosting!

5 comments:

Nancie said...

God bless your thankful heart! Thank God for blessing you with family, loved ones, church and friends. It's wonderful that you are able to thank God even for difficult relationships or people in your life, knowing that God is working out His purposes even through them. May God bless you and enable you to continue to grow in Him. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. I am greatly blessed by your post. Take care and God bless!

i said...

A lovely thankful post! Remain blessed!

Denise said...

Really enjoyed your thankful list.

Colored Heart said...

Hi, Beautiful Firefly. Thanks for flying by my newbie site. I went into your shelf when I tried in vain to leave a Comment after reading your Thankful Thursday. More than your entry, I am blessed with the pictures you have been posting here. I am a visual person, and I like looking at photos. You and your husbands are gifted with spiritual eyes. May He continue to enlarge your giftedness as He them fit to serve His kingdom. Sweet graces to you!

Nancie said...

Hi HisFireFly,

I thank God that He enables us to meet through Thankful Thursday. Thanks for visiting me and your encouragements.

I am thankful to God that I can meet you and many others through blogging. I am in the midst of listing out blogging friends that I like to share 2 awards with. I have included your blog as well. I like to share Share The Love Award and Friendship Award with you. Do come over and receive them when you have time. You can save the images and upload them to your side bars or posts. And feel free to pass them to your blogging buddies. Take care and God bless you and family always!

With appreciation and prayers,
Nancie