18 July 2008

An interuption in the story

The story of our trip to Uganda is not quite complete, but I feel I must come back to this moment in time for just a little while. I have been trying to finish the posts about Kampala in December 2007 and it is already July 2008 in Manitoba, Canada. Life continues to move on even as we attempt to chronicle it all.I woke the other night and noticed that my digital clock read 3:33. I knew that the number was significant. The next morning I turned to Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." This was a direct confirmation of word God had spoken to me the day before: "Do you believe that My desire is to share with you the things that I am about to do in this season?"

After I finished journaling and talking to Jesus about all this, I sat down at the computer to read the morning's emails. In Rick’s daily verse was Psalm 119:2 “Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.” Another confirmation. I am always so delighted when our Lord does that!

This is indeed a new season. In my life as a woman of God, in my life as a wife, in our lives as a couple, in our lives as a church body and in the life of the church entire, the bride of Christ. There is a stirring, a shifting, a sifting taking place. As much as we sense change, there is even more beyond the horizon that we cannot yet imagine. God is asking us to grow hungry for more. He is asking us to seek Him for Who He is, not only for what He can do. He is asking us to fully walk out the Word "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Hello! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! It's always nice to meet a fellow Manitoban. I have a Manitoba blog list on my other blog, Songs From My Journey, I'd like to add you. Look forward to getting to know you!