01 August 2014

hindsight-foresight

This weeks prompt at The Grove was hindsight
Danielle writes to a younger version of herself, newly arrived on the mission field and then asks us:
In hindsight, that’s what I’d tell my fresh-off the plane self.  What would you tell yours?
Since we are still two weeks from departure, I'll have to put a bit of a reverse twist on the question, speaking back from the future that hasn't yet arrived.

Karin--

breathe
big gulps of the fresh Canadian prairie air
take it in deep, pause
now exhale, let it all go
relax into the spin
the swirling rush, the imaginings
soon enough your eyes will see
ears hear, what you have only dreamed of
don't lose your last home moments
to worries of what you can not now know
your new life will have troubles of its own
unfolding in their own time
as will the blessings
you will weep
you will laugh
you will stand in awe
and you will be changed
breathe, pause, let it go
make room for all He has to give

Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matthew 6:34 The Message


Velvet Ashes: encouragement for women serving overseas

joining in the conversation at The Grove at Velvet Ashes

 

4 comments:

Kelly Hallahan said...

There are just things that are always true- you've got it! breathe was my OneWord the year we moved to Uganda. Inhale His presence, breathe out His praise. Blessings as you transition!

Anisha said...

This is great! One of the things I'd wished I'd done was to write a letter to myself before I arrived in Indonesia. Something to go back and remind myself of God's love and leading. I loved yours.

Rick Fendick said...

Hindsight is a great thing - looking back I can see all God has done with us and in us to get us ready for this new adventure!

Unknown said...

Two weeks!! Wow! Yes, keeping breathing... Read your words to yourself daily. So excited to see your journey unfold.