20 August 2014

quiet time

Our first quiet time of the OM Global Orientation Conference and I realized my cheeks were wet - I opened my journal to ask:

Why the tears Lord? Joy? Relief? Awe?

He didn't leave me to ponder long, but quickly answered.

All, little one.
And the tears are sweet to Me.
In the rush and go you have felt alone
our time alone disturbed
but I Was - I Am  - I Will Be
always with you
So now again
let Me be your centre.
I have pulled every string.
This is My orchestra
and the music shall play on.

Thank you for following, for singing along
even when you do not know the words
this is part of your lessons
ongoing lessons in surrender
and I accept your tears, your sacrifice.

As you bow low
it is easier for Me to lift you
why struggle to walk
when I can carry you
Then in My power
you stand, and move
and I breathe in and through you
for the glory of My Own Name.

You will say
what you cannot say
and you will do
more than you can do
because I Am
and I can
and the world will know

So welcome home child
ever in My care
take your comfort, peace and strength here
what ever felt lost shall be found
time has not been wasted

With each new sun
we have only just begun
like a feast set out before you
take each moment
consume
as you allow Me to have all of you
you allow yourself to take in all of Me

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,  for our “God is a consuming fire.”
Hebrews 12:28-29 NIV


 

2 comments:

diana said...

Where are you for the conference, Karin? Some of those tears might well be from general fatigue and travel weariness. Praying for you as you settle further in.

Sandra Heska King said...

We have friends in the Netherlands. My parents "met" them online. They've made several trips to Michigan.

Like Diana says, I'm sure those tears are part of fatigue and the realness of what's happening. Overwhelmed with how God has moved--how you've surrendered. The settling will come.