26 March 2014

open wide

I was trying to join corporate worship in song Sunday morning
but my scratchy throat silenced me
I needed to save my voice to speak

soundless I lifted my heart
in those moments of parchedness
I longed for water, or something cool
and all at once these words came
His gift to me

open wide your mouth
and taste of the goodness of the Lord
open wide your mouth
and speak of the goodness of the Lord
open wide your mouth
and sing of the goodness of the Lord

taste and see
taste and tell
taste and sing

O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! 
Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) 
is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him. 

O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; 
for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!
 

1 comment:

Jody Lee Collins said...

"taste and see" indeed. I so enjoy reading the words from the Spirit that you share with us.