08 March 2014

no other rock

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
    and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
    besides me there is no god.
Who is like me? Let him proclaim it,
    let him declare and set it forth before me.
Who has announced from of old the things to come?
    Let them tell us what is yet to be.
Fear not, nor be afraid;
    have I not told you from of old and declared it?
    And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
    There is no Rock; I know not any.”

Jumping Tandem
singing with Deidra in the Sunday chorus of praise

 

4 comments:

Alison said...

Yes indeed, Karin. He is the Rock, the one and only. How blessed we are to be able to cling to Him and have our footing secured by Him!

elizabeth said...

The fact that God is my Rock has comforted me more times than I can count. He is he immovable foundation beneath my feet when everything else around me is shaken.

Denise said...

Amen, amen.

caryjo said...

WOW! I really liked the rock. And, of course, that section of the Word. Great to be put together. Thanks, Karin.