25 January 2012

Ordered steps

Day begins
a slice of light
mornings wake earlier now
time not just rolling on
no, but spinning
faster than breath can catch

In the quiet dawn
He speaks truth, promises

Ask of Me and I will order your days.  Those things that weight heavy in your estimation may be totally unnecessary to Me. Let me show you how to choose the better part as you linger with Me - more will be accomplished than you can comprehend.

My usually quiet week has filled with lunch dates and other things to do I had not expected.
But I listened.
And I asked.
And I will allow Him to order my days.
I will go where He sends me, do what He requests.
And I will come back to His feet.
The better part indeed.
Grace runs wild. Free.

The very steps we take come from God; otherwise how would we know where we're going? Proverbs 20:24 The Message 

 
Joining Jennifer and others as we cherish His presence.

and sharing also with Emily and the broken beloved ones.

 

4 comments:

Blue Cotton Memory said...

I love this - that He orders my days - and it is so true - when I begin them with them - they are not only ordered more sweetly, but lived more peacefully!

Brian Miller said...

i like the submission in this...but i imagine his order to be a whole lot better than mine...smiles.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I love your heart. And I love the example you set by responding to the nudges.

Mommy Emily said...

SUCH wisdom in this. i am learning to do this as well... he cares so much, doesn't he? love to you. xo